Work-from-Home | Feb 25, 2021
HRIZONS is a privately held, virtual company based in Minneapolis, MN. Founded in 2006, we are an established and well-known HR Cloud Technology Company that does software and services business in the US, Canada, the Caribbean and in parts of Latin America. We have teams of employees, contractors and strategic partners in North and South America, India, and the Philippines. We specialize in helping customers on their HCM (human-capital-management) journey to the cloud. We are an SAP Gold Partner, a 2X Pinnacle Award Winner, an authorized reseller, a services partner that provides consulting, implementation and post go-live services, and a build partner where we develop our own cloud software integration and extension applications. Our B2B customers typically range in size from large enterprise to mid-market.
We are looking for a Controller to lead and direct HRIZONS’ accounting function. Reporting into the VP, Finance & Administration and overseeing a staff accountant, the Controller establishes and maintains the organizations’ overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Working collaboratively with other virtual employees, partners and contractors, the Controller is primarily responsible for accounting activities, payroll and benefits administration, US and international Sales tax filings, and related duties. The position maintains a keen understanding and awareness of key financial and cashflow implications including employees, vendors, tax, cash and other variables and considerations to support the business strategy and its plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or other business-related degree.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in General Ledger, A/R, A/P, Cash Management, Tax Filings and Payroll.
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and systems of internal control. Microsoft Business Central, Avalara (Sales Tax), AutoTask (professional services administration and time tracking) application experience preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with the complexities of multi-company, multi-state and multi-country accounting and tax regulations strongly preferred.
- General knowledge, understanding and experience working in a B2B, privately held company, ideally an enterprise software and/or professional services organization.
HRIZONS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.